Bob:

I am also a new member of this mailing list.  I have spent the last couple of
weeks reading and researching PD info for my mom.  My mom's history/symptoms
sound very similar to yours and the medications that she is taking also sound
similar (although I am sure if there are others she takes in addition). She
is older than you and probably more advanced in her symptoms.  She too has
had PD for a lengthy period of time but has lived with it - and all of the
ups and downs - and changes from hour to hour and day to day.

My mom has been to Mass General for evalution and continues to wait to hear
from them.  The first time she went to see the doctors at MGH, they were very
positive and gave her great hope, but then asked her to come back for
additional testing.  The second time around, they gave less than a positive
feeling that my mom was in fact a good candidate for this surgery. I realize
that doctors must be sure that the procedure is right for the patient and I
appreciate that,, but on the other hand, they should realize that the mental
state of many if not all of their patients is very fragile (7-10 days should
mean 7-10 days or just don't say it).

I write to you because I was wondering if you could shed some light on the
time frame involved in getting a definite answer from MGH and actually
scheduling the surgery.  My mom needs some kind of hope as her condition
continues to deteriorate.  Any info that you could share with me would be
greatly appeciated.

I wish you all the luck in the world with your surgery and would be very
interest in hearing from you pre and post surgery.

Again, best of luck and my prayers are with you.

[log in to unmask] (Craig)