I've been hounding my congressman (Gerald Solomon(R), NY; Chairman of the
House Rules Committee) for over a month now with urgent calls and faxes
re: the Udall Bill. He called me today and we spoke at length. What
follows is an abridged version of the conversation:  Mr. Solomon assured
me that in his position as Chair of the Rules Committee, he would do
everything within his power to promote and pass the legislation *once* it
arrives at his committee. He also shared with me the fact that he has
watched more than one person in his family suffer with PD -- and he is
very sensitive to both the disease and the need for increased funding to
find a cure. (He added that he vigorously promoted increased NIH funding
for this very reason; in hopes that PD research would indirectly
benefit.) My take on the conversation? He appeared to be sincere and
although would not act as a cosponsor, we must all remember he could
prove to be VERY influential down the road when the bill is sent to his
committee. I STRONGLY URGE (not shouting, just emphasizing) everyone to
fax(202-225-1168) or call (202-225-5614) Mr Solomon to *congratulate* him
on his support of the bill vis a vis my conversation with him. This will
serve to remind him of his promise. MKB
--
Martin K Bayne  http://www.mr-longtermcare.com
Email= [log in to unmask]