Hello, all.  It's good to be back with the group again, though it will be
for a month only, then off again until mid-August.  On June 28 we'll set
out on our backpacking trip of the John Muir Trail--this year is the 25th
anniversary of the first time we did the 200+ miles.  It's always possible
that we won't make the whole thing, but we're preparing as if we will.

Last time the snow was so bad that we started about 50 miles down the trail,
hiked to Mt. Whitney, then drove back to Yosemite to do the first 50 miles.
This time, because of the vacation schedules of our "kids" (31 and 33),
we're starting in the middle, hiking out at Whitney, driving back to
Yosemite, and walking to our starting place.  We'll have our younger son
and his wife with us for the first two weeks; older son will join us somewhere
along the way but doesn't know just where yet.  Don and I will be going it
alone for 2-3 of the 6 weeks.

If anyone can figure out how to raise money for PD research via this hiking
trip, be my guest.  We are terrible at PR but would be happy to cooperate
if someone has ideas.

Joanne Sandtrom
CG for Don, 58, 21yrs., sinemet & eldepryl, stim surgery 6/94