Could someone give me some information on Symmetrel (Amantadine
Hydrochloride)?  It has been recently added to my Mother's medicines.  She
was prescribed 100 mg 2x a day.  She presently takes 2 Sinemet CR 50/200, 6
Sinemet 25/100, 4 Permax .25 mg., and 50 mg. Trazadone.  She also take
Synthroid (thryroid) Colace and Vit. E.   The doctor feels she isn't taking
too much but her confusion, memory loss and dementia are becoming worse and I
wonder if its too much medicine.  The doctor is more concerned with mobility
than mental state.  In relationship to the question of  AD and PD, she
recently had a CAT scan which showed a normal brain.  The doctor suggested
maybe we needed an MRI.

Thanks for your help.

Pam Dalby ([log in to unmask]) daughter of Ardith 74/9+