I found amantadine extremely helpful when I began taking it about 6 months
ago.  I began with 100 mg. once a day and increased the dosage gradually
until I was up to 100 mg. 3x/day.  Unfortunately, it also caused constipation,
and I decided that at this point (diagnosed 3 years ago, still in fairly
early stage of PD) I didn't want to take one medicine to counteract the
effects of another.  So I cut back to once a day (in addition to eldepryl
and parlodel).  I miss the freedom of movement I had with amantadine, but
it's a trade-off I chose.  I'm sure some people would have chosen the
opposite trade-off.

Charlie Barasch
Plainfield, VT