Ruth,
>  2.  Constipation - Seedless prunes with morning cereal as fiber keeps me> *going*.
> would this not provide more fiber than prune juice?

Actually, neither prunes nor prune juice have much fiber at all. Prunes
(and juice) contain a natural laxative. Mixing the juice with bran
provides both a stool-softener and a mild laxative; the applesauce I
mentioned is mostly to give the mixture taste appeal. The bran soaks up
liquid from the juice and applesauce and loses some of the coarse feel
in the mouth.

However, this is a rather extreme measure, for people who have tried
most usual methods and still need more help to relieve constipation.
Your method is working fine for you, good for you for finding your own
personal solution!
Best regards,
--
Kathrynne Holden, MS, RD