Replying to your note of June3,1996.
I am new to all of this internet.
You refernce my "experiences" with PD. Was what you saw about a full page or
just a paragraph or so?
I will send the longer one just to be sure.
In answer to your specific questions.
Advanatages of my surgery outweigh disadvantages 1000 to 1.  Just be sure
you have complete confidence in and have researched your surgeon.How many
has he performed?  Complications?  Results of surgery as far as improvement
in symptoms.  There are guide lines as far as Who is a candidate and ohter
quakifications for the surgeon.  If you don't hgave these and would like,
let me know.
I sent this yesterday but i did something wrong so I will try agDiagnosed in
1987 (Jim Stokes this will sound like you). I am now 64 years
of age.Right before surgery I wa staking 6 1/2 50/200/Sinemet per day.
Still had tremors.  Every afternoon dyskensia started and made my whole body
ache.  Rigidity was also a moderate problem along with foot and leg cramps.
All during 1995 Iwas accumulating all the info I could get on Pallidotomy
and the doctors that performed the surgery.  My symptoms seem to progress
much faster starting in the spring of 95. The place I selected was Good
Samaritan Hospital in Los Angeles CA. The surgeon was Dr. Deane "Skip"
Jacques.  He and his associates had performed over 100 Pallidotomies at that
time and had had no major complications.  I was label an excellant candidate
for the surgery because of my symptoms and otherwise pretty good health.
The operation was Feb 28, 1996 at about 3:00 pm.  I too was awake for the
operation but remember very little of it. I had a full dinner at 7:00pm and
was discharged the next morning at 9:00 am.
I repeated many of the test I had prevously taken again that same
morning.Most of these test were conducted by Dr. Oleg Kopyov. That same
afternoon my wife and I took a walk and returned to Colorado the following day.
>From my previous contact with the above two doctors I had complete
confidencein the outcome of the operation. They fully expected the operation
to make a major improvement in my symptoms.  It is hard to believe but since
the operation I have not had a tremor,no dyskinesia, and no rigidity.  It is
remarkable.
My health is obviously not perfect.  I get extremely tired very easilly.
Also, even though I no longer have the rigidity I once had, I am apparently
very weak. It takes alot of effort to get from my knees to an upright
position.  I also have minor cramping in my toes and legs.  Overall,
compared to before surgery, I am a new man.  It is just hard to desce\ribe
the difference in how I feel.
I just hope th e tiring can be solved.  If not, I still feel great by
comparison.  Still have not determined the right level of Sinemet.
Like everyone else who has had successful surgery, I have great faith in the
doctors that performed my surgery.
I would provided any other information any one would like to have. I would
also appreciate any additional information any has on post-surgery symptoms
etc.

Don Connell