My husband has difficulty in drinking enough liquids.  I have taken to
purchasing the small, individual cans of fruit juices and giving him
choices.  While these individual cans are more expensive, I think we have
less waste in the long run, because he drinks the kind of juice he wants
now and not the same kind of juice for two or three days until a larger
container is used up.

After his hernia surgery, the surgeon said he should take Colace or the
generic equivalent every day.  We have modified that by having him take
the Colace one day, Peri-Colace the next, and if that doesn't work,
Dulcolax the following day.  This regime combined with the juices, plus
leaving a large plastic glass of water at hand most of the time seems to
work.

I would think the problems involved in handling a colostomy in a person
with advanced parkinson would be much too difficult--hence too drastic a
solution to the problem.

Miriam L. Denham