THIS MESSAGE IS POSTED FOR THOSE OF OF YOU WHO
ASKED ABOUT PD AND LIFE INSURANCE. IT WAS REVIEWED
BY BARBARA PATTERSON PRIOR TO THIS POSTING.

I retired in 1995 after 30 years in the Financial Services field,
 mainly acting as a life insurance and group benefits broker.
 I attained my CLU andChFC designations as an agent primarily
with the Equitable of N.Y.

In 1985 I was diagnosed as having Parkinsons syndrome. I am now
on a three hour (while awake) schedule medicating with
combinations  of Sinemet (both 25/100 and CR), parlodel,
symmetrel, eldypryl, and  xanax-  prescribed by my local
neurologist and the Mayo Clinic. I play  tennis, started golf
lessons last year, and manage to function daily with my consulting
business and "hobbies". Sleeping well has been a problem but
lately am getting 5 or 6 uninterupted hours. Have my on and  off periods,
tremors etc. but my quality of life is high. I have been very lucky.

I have been on the listserv for about a year--quietly on!!!!!
The long silence is being broken because I believe my professional
background can be of great help to those of you who have
asked about PD & life  insurance & social security & disability.

Time and space prevents me from details but I want tol share two things
with you.

1- I personally bought $250,000 of life insurance in 1987 at
preferred  risk rates thru a major company, 2 years after the
PD diagnosis.

2- Five years ago, a client of mine developed PD. I applied for
life  insurance in the first year for him and was declined. In
the second year, I reapplied and was issued $800.000 with a
table 3 rate. In the  fourth year, I asked for a rating review and
the premium dropped to preferred rate levels where it will stay
forever.

I have spent most of my professional career helping solve other
folks' financial and estate problems. We have been able to get
totally uninsurable clients insured thru joint "last to die" poicies
used in estate planning situations.

THIS IS NOT A COMMERCIAL. If you respond, please do so off
the list to one of the addresses below and I will respond . If
any relationships of a business nature develop because of future
needs, any remuneration received by me will be shared  with
both the the Ohio and  National PD Foundations.

Donald R Boyer, CLU ChFC
806 Pondway Rd.
Dayton Ohio 45419

EMail-Storkie [log in to unmask]