Good Morning,
Thank you Ralph for your kind thoughts. Lest there be a misunderstanding,
the information about the PD drug trials is available from a number of
different sources. One is Neurology, 46, February 1996 (thanks Fred Zeiss),
another good source is Parkinson's Disease UPDATE, a monthly newsletter
published by Medical Publishing Company, PO Box 24622H, Philadelphia, PA.,
19111, 215-947-6648. I have no invovement with this newsletter, except as a
grateful reader. The reason I posted the list was to share the info. about
options. I am in the "collecting" mode -- I would like to get in on one of
the trials, if I can motivate my neurodoc to enroll me. I know that there
are people from the group who have been in one trial or another. Could you
please 'raise your hand' and give us information about: 1) when were you dx
with PD, 2) the name of the drug trial, 3)how long you have been on it, 4)
why did you get on it, 5)have the results been positive/negative, 6) what
was the stage of your illness, 7) what were your symptoms, 8)what PD meds
were you taking at the time, 9) have you changed PD medications during the
trial, 10) what are your symptoms now, 11) any other pertinent info. you
care to share? and feel free to: 12) tell me to keep busy making a food
shopping list rather than bothering you with nonsense!
Just one more question, does anyone know if there is a  relationship between
the surgical procedure(s) and the drugs in trial?  I refer you to Claude
Dungan's post of 6/2, re: GDNF
" and about whether or not a pallidotomy will risk any future use of
neuro-growth factors. This has been a concern to me since I am trying to
make the decision whether or not to have the operation. Any comments?" the
same question needs to be raised about any of the surgical procedures we may
elect and/or future use of new medications  and vice versa..
Regards and apologies for taking up digest space,
Margaret Tuchman- 54/dx1980, sinemet 25/100x2 plus 10/100x7, permax .50x3