        Joyce, one of the dumbest things ever seen on TV was that man
running down the hall after his surgery, at Loma Linda..
        Dr. Burchiel, at Oregon Medical School, merely remarked his patients
aren't out of bed for 24 hours.
         Anyway, I really think that program gave out the wrong impression.
        We both urge you to be patient. First of all, you have been through
a lot--all the before "P" stress, just for starts, the surgery, and now the
after recovery period.
        You are better, that is obvious, Gordon and I felt improvement after
a while became subtle, all of a sudden something was better we hadn't even
thought about. Are you keeping a chart of your growth? Just a thought--I
neer did.
        Neither Gord or I are patient. Alan Bonander pointed out the initial
recovery from surgery was 6-12 weeks. Thanks, Alan, saved me a lot of
arguing there. WE are sitting here, Gord playing with his sprinkler system--
the annual local Spring routine--something always freezes. We are not trying
the long trip to Montana until the end of the month.
        One more thing--has anyone gone over your meds. As each of us are
different, I merely ask. Gordon is using much less lately, I am surprised,
so is he.. This time I'm writing it all down, I assure you.
        Anyway, forget that guy running down the hall, be patient, many are
thinking of you..