To the Group:
I just returned from a meeting of the Fort Collins PD support group
(which I found out about thanks to my involvement with this group!) and
learned of two new drugs for PD that will be OK'd by FDA. In case this
is news to anyone, I thought I'd pass it on: 1) SmithKline Beecham's
Ropinirole; and Pharmacia & Upjohn's Pramipexole. Supposed to target the
brain in a specific way, resulting in fewer side effects.
Also: schizophrenia drugs: Eli Lilly's Olanzapine, and Abbott Labs'
Serlect. Claimed to have fewer side effects than current drugs.

That's all the information I was given, sorry I can't expand on it more.
Best regards,
--
Kathrynne Holden, MS, RD
Editor-in-Chief,