Dr. Lozano is the chief of  "P" surgery at Toronto Western
Dr. Lang is the chief "P" neurologist at Toronto Western
Both drs. we involved in my "P" on May 13th.    I was #103

By his own modest evaluation
Dr. Lozano is the leading surgeon in the Western Hemisphere performing
Deep Brain Stimulation = DBS   having done 15 up to last week.

In my followup conversation with Dr. Lozano re my continuing freezing even
after "P" and my concern about what possibly could be done for that,  he
spoke candidly about the DBS and how it has NOT  responded to the freezing
symptom.

He spoke of knowing the area concerned with motor ignition (sub thalamus
 sp?) and how it was extremely difficult to reach safely that area with
current technology.  He
concluded by suggesting that if I could hold-on between 2-3 years he had
confidence that this sub thalamus problem could be solved.   Furthermore,
 (as Margaret indicates in her recent posting) there were some promising nu
meds coming.

I hope this answers someone's question

Joyce