I finally got a chance to look at the responses to my query at a time I
could actually concentrate.  (Have an 11-yr. old in baseball, direct arts &
crafts at local boys club, am actively looking for different job).  It was
quite encouraging to have direct responses, even if yet none were as
affected as my mom.  Each had something to give pause to consider and/or
look into.

Jack & Jeannette:  Will pull down YOPD manual.  Hadn't heard of it before.
Thanks for the URL.  Please send other locations, might be different from
what I've delved into up to now.  There have been a few I simply can't get
into, probably phone lines always busy.  I know she needs the exercises.  I
know from something I read that our states' people have endorsed the bill
(KY's anyway, will have to check on TN's.)  Thanks.

Kim Russell:  Thanks for pointing out the SOB on that report.  It took a bit
of looking at as my software messed all the columns up, but finally got it
straightened out.  Might make that contact.  Have to say, I'm beginning to
get interested in pallidotomy.  Mom's 73 and could feasibly have 20 more
years.  Two decades more of life at a high quality is nothing to sneeze at.
Thanks.

Frances Armstrong and Barb Mullut:  Will pass on both of your comments to
Mom.  Will post her response.  Perhaps y'all will have something in common.
I don't know but what Mom's didn't begin as yours' did.  I'll ask.  We both
feel there were many things there before anything made her seek a Dr. and
get a diagnosis.

Don Ball:  Will check into hypoventilation syndrome.  Know Mom's immediate
reaction will be to deny because she'll think it has to do with nerves.
Like our family has no anxiety--ulcer operations abound.  However, the
reference to brainstem level does take it out of the realm of personal
control.  Had not heard of this before, only stuff in re panic attacks, etc.
Thanks.

Kathrynne Holden:  We know she has PVC's, but hormones help there.  No other
heart conditions known.  We don't think it originates with panic attacks,
but DO know that the fear it causes definetly makes it worse.  Wonder if as
stress seems to affect all PD symptoms it might not affect this one even
worse?  Possible.  Dad goes w/ her to Dr. appts.  She doesn't drive much
anymore, and he positively wants to be with her for whatever help and
support he can give.  Devoted to each other.

Thanks to all.  Will be looking forward to following this.  I hope this
generates further discussion of this problem.

Gayle Herring     [log in to unmask]