Hi there-

I heard this poem read on the CBS program "Sunday Morning".  Its a good one
to keep around and re-read
on occasions.

EVERYBODY, ANYBODY, SOMEBODY AND NOBODY
By Charles Osgood

There was a most important job that needed to be done,
And no reason NOT to do it, there was absolutely none.
But in vital matters such as this, the thing you have to ask
Is WHO exactly will it be whoUll carry OUT this task.
ANYBODY could have told you that EVERYBODY knew
That this was something SOMEBODY would surely have to do.
NOBODY was unwilling. ANYBODY had the ability.
But NOBODY belied that it was his responsiblity.
It seemd to be a job that ANYBODY could have done,
If ANYBODY thought he was supposed to be the one.
But since EVERYBODY recognized that ANYBODY could,
EVERYBODY took for granted that SOMEBODY would.
But NOBODY told ANYBODY that we are aware of,
That he would be in charge of seeing it was taken care of.
And NOBODY took it on himself to follow through and DO
What EVERYBODY thought that SOMEBODY  would do.
When what EVERBODY neede so did not get done at all.
EVERYBODY was complaining that SOMEBODY dropped the ball.
ANYBODY then could see it was an awful crying shame,
And EVERYBODY looked around for SOMEBODY to blame.
SOMEBODY should have done the job and EVERYBODY would have,
But in the end NOBODY did what ANYBODY could have.

This is too true to trivialize...we all think somebody else will take up
the slack, but without everybody kicking in to help, nothing will get
done. At work, at play, with our family and friends, the environment, our
neighborhood, great causes and small concerns all deserve our personal
attention.
Do what you can... and I'll check you later.
Jon-