At 03:37  06/06/96 -0400, Elizabeth Southwood wrote:
>Judith:  Thank you for replying to my query re the cost of eldepryl in
>Canada.  I am shocked.  At one of the first support group meetings I went to
>6+ years ago, it was suggested that we have a Canadian friend of relative
>order it for us.  Somewhat off the point, I am surprised that Canadians have
>to pay anything.  What about your health plan?  I thought everything was
>covered for you guys.  Back to that meeting:  we were also told they buy
>eldepryl in England for $21 per 100.
>I suppose now that that's not true either.  Amazing!! Liz S.

Liz,
I didn't mean to mislead you.
The provincial government covers doctors' visits and most hospital
care, but only covers drugs for senior citizens and welfare recipients.
The average Canadian has drug plan coverage privately or through a
workplace. We have coverage through a workplace plan ... we pay part and
the employer pays part to an insurance company.
I think we have one of the best health care systems anywhere, and I hope the
politicians don't mess it up.
I don't know anything about health care in the U.K.
Judith