Yesterday there was a Parkinson's Update Symposium at the University of
Southern California Health Sciences Campus organized by the Chief of the
Movement Disorders department -- Dr. Cheryl Waters, a member of our list.

She very kindly allowed me some time to address the audience and some space
in the foyer for signing Udall petitions and  passing out packets of
information and form letters addressed  to all our S. California
representatives.  Her staff was enormously helpful too.

It was great fun to talk to people who were fired up to make calls and
write letters.   Several  missing links were forged to districts where we
had been having  trouble finding constituents who could help.

The most unexpected connection there was meeting a friend from USC's T'ai
Chi for Parkinsonian's pilot study (more on that another time).    Dr.
Collins, a retired chiropracter who has PD, lives two doors away from Rep.
Juanita Millender-McDonald.  They've often traded gumbo reci pes!  And when
other neighbors were making a fuss about the six-foot alligator he's kept
for 30 years in his backyard, she helped him secure the proper permits for
it!   The Udall bill should be a snap (?!) after accomplishing that!