I had never heard before that exposure to agents orange increased the
 probability of getting Parkinson's.  That may well be true.  It
occurs to me that if we could bring to bear the political clout of
some of the other large organizations such as the veteran's groups
because of the connection you just reference.  Also the AARP as
Parkinson's primarily affects the elderly or NOW because of the
ludicrous contention that women might choose to have an abortion
solely to provide fetal tissue for research.  If anyone has any
strong connections with those groups please consider exploring the
possibilities.

With respect to "is there anything else you can do?"the answer is
make an appointment to see your Senator personally.  Letters are an
important part of the persuading process but actually visits seem to
be the best closer.