Sandra's message about PD's link to Tourette/Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder
blew me away!  I've got one nephew who is severely handicapped by a
disorder that seems to combine Tourettes, OCD, and Autism -- the best
label they could come up with was Asperger's Syndrome!!  His mother,
my sister, has a less debilitating OCD condition and her daughter, about
to enter a master's program in Polic Sci, must fight OCD symptoms daily.
My father, who is the one diagnosed with PD, showed signs of OCD
throughout his life.  To one degree or another everyone in my family
including me has some degree of OCD/anxiety disorder/eating disorder.
I guess it's not surprising is it?  Psychopharmacological research has
concentrated on neurotransmitters like serotonin and dopamine since the
fifties.  Still, I expect that I may someday find myself with Parkinson's
and that my nieces and nephews and their children may need to deal with
OCD, Parkinson's, and Tourettes.  To bad I can't get my brothers and sisters
to read up on it and be ready, if needed, to educate their children in
coping "conditioning."
HMK