My Brother-In Law has had Parkinson's for 30 Years. He is in his late 50's.
He had a thalamotomy at St. Barnabas Hospital in NYC 23 years ago. It was
done by Dr. Irving Cooper. It was a successful procedure which is still
effective on his dominant side. The disease has progressed over the insuing
years and all the neurologists he has seen, over the years, have insisted he
was not a candidate for further surgery. Dr Cooper died a number of years
ago, but recently my Brother-In-Law insisted that he see someone at St.
Barnabas associated with Dr. Cooper. When he saw Dr. Joseph Waltz, who was an
associate of Dr. Cooper and assisted at the original operation, we were all
shocked to find that the Doctor felt he was a candidate for an additional
Thalamotomy. This has left us happy but somewhat confused. I am posting this
E-Mail and searching the web for additional information and advise. Anyone
who could help in this matter through experience or additional knowledge
would be greatly appreciated.

                                                                         Paul
Buote