Hello, there. I am writing because I am a Massage Therapist, from Brazil,
who has a client with Parkinson's Disease. Once I don't know anything about
the disease, I decided to research.

My client ia a 75 years old man that was very active.He has a Neurologist
that takes care of him, I am just a "feels better" kind of help. I noticed
that he got  depressed all of a sudden so I asked him if I could do
something to help. The problem with him (besides the ignorance about the
disease) is that he became impotent around 90 days ago. He is so desperated!
I convinced him to look for a doctor and he asked me to look for one.

He doesn't talk to his neurologist about it and never will. His Doctor is
kind of formal, even said to him that it was a waste of time doing massage
or physiotherapy because it doesn't help with the disease. I think that
anything that makes you feel better and don't cause harm can only help. Not
to mention that saying the physio doesn't help is a bit too much. But that's
my oppinion, anyway. So, I am in charge of looking for a Doctor that can
help him with his sexual problem. His family doesn't help at all, they don't
understand that Parkinson's is a forever kind of thing. I am getting some
literature for them as well.

If anyone could give some suggestion on which kind of professional help I
should look for or any information about the way Parkinson's can affect the
sexual life of a man I would be very thankfull. My client does not speak
English either, so I am going to translate any info I received. Thanks to all!

                                Daniela Dutra
Daniela Dutra