>Has anyone found help with having a stooped posture???
>This question was asked of me by a member of our support group and since I
>can't answer except to tell the gentleman to exercise and keep his muscles
>loose, I'm asking  for help from this group.
>
>Thank You
>
>Charlotte

>Charlotte Falkowski    Chattanooga Area Parkinsons Support Group
>1348 Pleasant Grove RD. Sw.
>McDonald,TN. 37353
>
>I would also like to know the answer to this question. I find that for a
lot of the time I am bent forward with tense muscles and I know that
eventually this unatural posture is going to result in irreversible damage.
When Sinamet is effective the muscular tension dissapears and I am able to
staighten myself without too much difficulty.My wife can't understand why I
can't straighten myself and suggests I wear a brace. I think that proper
medication is probably the only answer  but I have to say that although
medication helps with all the other Parkinson features the stooped posture
and a ferocious left leg limp and foot drag are the most intractible.I'm not
particularly keen in upping the dosage of Sinamet at present three tablets a
day of 25/100 \which with 3mg of Pergolide makes me feel fine except for the
stoop and limp which are only relieved for about six hours a day so that
during those six hours I have to get a move on.

David Langridge.