To:              Senator Max Baucus

From:         Maryhelen Davila
                    Volunteer Parkinsons Community
                    Phoenix  Arizona
                    E-Mail address   [log in to unmask]

Purpose:    Request for Senator Baucus ' cosignature on the "Morris K. Udall
Parkinsons Research and Education Act S684 ("Udall Bill").

Thank you Senator Baucus for your prompt response  I shared copies of it ,
with some of our "Udall Bill" advocates. By E-mail, I copied the same to you.
I will do the same with this message.

I appreciate the attention you've given my request. Your explanation made it
easy to understand the logic of your policy. Your reasons for normally
waiting for committee are very similar  to reasons previously expressed by
Senator McCain and Congressman Kolbe of Arizona before they finally agreed to
co-sign.  My Parkinsons Community friends from many states across the nation
report that many Senators and Representatives voiced similar policies such as
yours before they also finally agreed to cosign the "Udall Bill". Please
review your computor listing of those that have agreed to co-sign the "Udall
Bill". Talk to those who are not on the L & H Committee and whose confidence
you trust. Ask them.  why, after careful consideration and investigation,
they
decided to cosign the bill before committee passage.

The care to take before making important decisions for our country is
appreciated. Across the nation, we look to you to make wise decisions that
are best for the United States of America. That is why we look to you now,
trusting that you are open minded and not constrained by a 'rule of thumb",

Respectfully,

Maryhelen Davila