Steven, I read with great interest your recent post re NADH.  I've been
trying NADH for some months now and have had good results but I also share
your concerns about the hype and price of the product.  While I don't have
the knowledge and experience with NADH that you have, I would like to make
the following comments regarding the points you made.

1)  Regarding absorption from oral doses, Birkmayer of Austria, who seems to
be the main proponent of this therapy, published some articles which claim
that oral administration was quite effective for his patients-as effective as
intravenous injections.

2) Birkmayer has published a number of articles in foreign medical journals
describing his work with NADH.

3)  The price is outrageously high, but at $69 for 30x5mg-the price
obtainable from Lisa Carper's pharmacist in PA, I calculate the price to be
$11.50 per 25 mg not $100.00 as you stated.  The new price from Life
Extension in Florida is $24 for  30x5mg (with 25% member's discount) or $4.00
per 25 mg.

Menuco Corp. claims a U.S. patent(5,332,727) for their form of NADH which
they call "Enada".  The source of Life Extension's at the new lower price is
unknown to me.  Could this patented form be more effective than normal NADH?

Without further tests, the answers to many of our questions are just not
available now.  I am skeptical too, but its hard to ignore Birkmayer's work
in Austria with hundreds of PD patients especially when one obtains
therapuetic effects on an individual trial basis.  What's a new PD patient to
do?

Further comments on this subject would be most appreciated.

Regards to all,

Fred Schaffert (53/1)