When I get the stutters, I find if I turn walking into a series of
spoken commands and talk my way through it, and keep repeating them till
my legs loosen up, or I get to my destination. ie."Lift left, big
stride, toes up, land on heel, lift left, toes up....." As you get
going, some of it can get truncated. But I find it helps to keep the
verbal instructions going in some fashion to avoid those stuttering
lurch and lunge arrivals at the checkout counter! Another tip, which
helps keep your walking posture upright, is to clasp the hands behind
your back like an ice skater.

I have no problems, even in my worst off(except getting to them!) with
STAIRS.  The reason for this, I think is not the lifting, but that
climbing stairs is not a natural Human motion, but rather one we must
learn.  My bet is if those PET Scan people looked at a person's brain
while climbing/descending stairs that it would light up differently than
for just plain walking.  Using this theory, I find that as with walking
I can often talk my way, sometimes painfully slowly, through many
instinctive motions which have fallen victim to the BIG OFF. However if
the muscles are cramped and in pain they rarely listen to anything,
except "dopamine at the synapse"!
--
Stephen C. Holahan  <[log in to unmask]>