Grettings,
   For the past year or so I have been looking over my sister's
shoulder[She also goes by glussier]as she has with great tolerence gathered
much useful information re: Parkinson.But,alas,she introduced me to
computers 6 months ago,the internet 3 weeks ago and we tracked you all down
last night[6/15/96].
   I'm not a typing wiz but I have questions/concerns and some thoughts
about a variety of issues which I hope will be of some help to you[oryou or
you].
   Briefly I'm 57,out of work these past two and a half years [clinical
social work],have battle with this weird illness for the past 15 years or
so and this past August I had a pallidotomy at MGH in Boston. In the main
it was very helpful and I was hoping to have the other side done during
this May-June period but it didn't work out. My"plan B" is geared for
Oct-Nov.I've decided to spend my waiting time on researching 2nd side
pallidotomies and I would love to hear from anyone who has had a staged
pallidotomy.
   Actually I may have two options. One is a straight forward unilateral
pallidotomy.Option two is actually a bilateral....a "redo"of the first side
with the hope of improving on the lesion that is thought to be too small
and perhaps too high....and a standard pallidotomy on the other side;but
both being done during the same surgery.I understandb this to be
unusual.Any thoughts you may have would be most welcomed.
  Thanks for listening,,,er...or is thanks for reading?
             My very best,
                George Lussier[glussier@ ultranet.com]