Dear John,

I have the same sort of edema.  Swollen toes, ankles,legs and abdomen.  My
med. is limited to 7.5 Sinemet 25/100 per 24 hrs. I have tried elastic
stockings, sleeping with my feet raised, ice packs and a  diuretic but the
edemas persist. My doctor and my neurologist have nothing further to offer.
I'm sure the excess weight is water becauuse on some days it hops up or down
4 to 5 pounds.  I think I am carrying about a gallon of excess water. You
will know the troubles it brings to any physical movement,

If you get any helpful advice, I will appreciate it very much if you share it
with me.      '''

Many  thanks and good luck.

aka Sam Kalkstein