This is one of the messages I sent that apparently got to Germany by
mistake--Barb Patterson says it did not appear on the PD list, so I'm
re-sending it now. The other was a reminder about the toll-free # for
Congress, which others have since posted. Thanks,Barb!  Camilla
Several personshave asked again about "gadgets" to help with the problem
of diminished speech of Parkies.  I have some data in hard copy, and since
the archives are gone, I'll try to give some info here that may be useful.
Let me also say that posts were received in the past on this subject from
John Cottingham<[log in to unmask]>, Dr. Norm Archer<[log in to unmask]
MCMASTER.CA>, Marcia Hutcheson<[log in to unmask]> and they
might be willing/able to be contacted.
A catalog called "MAXI-AIDS" 1-800-522-6294 lists several connunication
devices. These include the"Canon Communicator for People with Speech
Disorders"(expensive at $850. without voice!)  The Crestwood Co.(414)-352-
5678, offers "Crestalk" at about $135.00, which has no voice output, but
a 20K memory and 2-line display for typed messages.It can also be programmed
for commonly used phrases.  These are a few--I'm sure there are others. A
woman in our  support group had what looked like the Crestalk and liked it.
This is NOT a commercial for anything, of course, and others who have had
direct experience with various systems may wish to expand on this info.
I hope it is helpful to all who are interested.
 Camilla Flintermann,CG for Peter 78/7 in July,Oxford,OH