I wonder whether anyone can help with the following problem ...

A friend of mine has Parkinson's, and has very disturbed sleep every
night.  The symptoms are similar to 'freezing' (ie immobility) and this
can happen anything up to 10 times in a single night.  Does anyone have
similar experiences, advice or suggestions on how to cope with this, or
can anyone point me to any literature on this subject ?  As you can
imagine, lack of sleep can make it even harder to cope with the other
symptoms of this disease, so I'd be very grateful for any help you could
give.

Many thanks,

Dawn Witherden