DEAR DEANNA-- I'M NOT IN CANADA, SO CAN'T SPECIFY RESOURCES THERE (sorry
about upper case slip) and I expect others may give more specific help.
In general, look in phone book for headings like "Mental Health" or
Social Services in the Yellow Pages (do you have those, where businesses
and organizations are listed?) Your address suggests you have a connection
with McGill Univ., and I would suggest you could ask there--perhaps in the
psychology dept., for resources where you live. I am assuming you want some
 kind of counseling?  There are surely agencies, like a Family Service agency
or mental health clinic available where this would be offered. What about your
m-in-law's neurologist? Would that be an appropriate resource? What a shame
that the hard-won acceptance is in jeopardy. Keep in touch and  let us know
what you are able to work out.
Camilla Flintermann,Cg for Peter/78/7in July,Oxford, OH