I sent an e-mail letter to Senator Baucus this morning,
and amazingly received a reply this afternoon (and he is
not even my Senator.) His reply said:
   "Thanks for your note, Linda. I'm going to try and get
the whole picture, and then make a decision about co-
sponsoring. I understand how important this is to the
victims and families."

   As the others have said, please contact Sen. Baucus, by
mail or phone. His e-mail is [log in to unmask]
His phone number is 202-224-2651. He is a Democrat from
Montana.

   ALSO: If anyone else  out there is from the Western New
York area, I just received a notice today that Congressman
Bill Paxon will be holding a series of town meetings on
Saturday (tomorrow!). They will be at the North Amherst Fire
Company, 2200 Tonawanda Creek Road, Amherst at 8:00 AM (I
will be going to this one); Alabama Town Hall, 2218 Judge
Rd., OaKfield at 9:45 AM; Castile Town Hall, 53 North
Main St., Castile at 12:00; Conesus Town Hall, 6210
South Livonia Rd., Conesus at 1:45 and Hopewell Town
Hall, 2716 County Road #47, Hopewell at 3:30 PM. If anyp
one is near any of these places, please try  to attend
and talk about the Udall Bill. Paxon is on the Commerce
Committee and is the chief fundraiser for the Congressional
Republicans, so he could have alot of influence. I have been
trying to get an appointment to meet with Paxon, without
any results, but will get to speak to one of his aides
after the Town Hall meeting.
Linda Herman