The letters are a great idea.  Pre typing and addressing does make it
easy.  One of our group sent over 70 to friends and relatives.  Phone
calls count just as much as letters with many offices and there is a
toll free number (800-962-3524).

However, the single most effective thing you can do is make personal
contact with the legislator.  Our batting average is over 80% when
we've actually seen the legislator (13 of 16) vs (6 of 11)  when we've
only seen an aide.

Arkansas is fertile ground with only Pryor of   your 6 elected
officials on as cosponsors.  Particularily important is
Lambert-Lincoln who is on the Health and Enviroment sub committee
where the  Udall bill is  assigned.

you need more info let me know.