I found the following article in the archives of a music newsgroup.
I have the author's permission to post it here.  It's about familial
(essential) tremor, not Parkinson's disease, but perhaps it will be of
interest to readers who follow other related topics.

Phil

>Subject:      A miracle has happened...(fiddling with weights)
>From:         [log in to unmask]
>Date:         1996/05/30
>Newsgroups:   rec.music.makers.bowed-Strings,rec.music.celtic
>
>I've been posting on rec.music.celtic quite awhile, and just
>lurking on rec.music.makers.bowed-strings. But I've got to
>share something that just happened with both groups!
>
>I have been playing celtic music for many years, but my pro-
gress has been limited by a condition called familial tremor.
>It is a tremor that never goes away, genetic based (hence the
>familial) and it has limited my ability to play instruments
>with speed. In the past, in order to control the tremor, I've
>had to tense my hands and arms. I can play slow pieces accur-
>ately, and over the past few years have gained some speed, but
>always on pieces where I can comfortably keep the stiff tension
>going.
>
>A couple of years ago, I discovered that if I tense my back
>muscles I could gain more control. I started playing fiddle
>when I made this discovery, and made some decent progress, but
>the tensing wasn't enough. I have unpredictable bow tension,
>and if get the least bit nervous, it's over! Still, I was sur-
>prised to find how much capability I have fingering the strings
>of a fiddle, far more than I do any other string instrument I
>play.  So I kept hoping I could find something to help with the
>bow hand.
>
>I just found it, by accident.
>
>The other day, I was exercising, wearing wrist and ankle weights.
>When I was finished, I decided to practice fiddle scales a few
>minutes, and left the 1 lb. wrist weights on, thinking it might
>help to strengthen my arms a
little.