Steve and all,
Your question brings up something I've wanted very much to ask people on
this list about.

A couple of months ago Ed's doctor prescribed amitriptyline for him, as
he does not have tremors but has *much* pain, especially in the mornings,
along with stiffness.  (He had already been on Sinimet, permax and
eldepryl for three years).

He hasn't taken any yet, as he's somewhat reluctant to, so I don't know
if they'll work...but here's my question:  I've been reading some about
the disorder Fibromyalgia (or fibrositis, its new 90's name) and
discovered this amitriptyline is the drug given for that disorder, as it
promotes "deep" muscle-restorative sleep.  It's about the only effective
drug for fibromyalgia patients.

Has anyone on this list had any experience with getting incorrectly
diagnosed with Parkinson's Disease, when, in fact, they had
fibromyalgia?  Or vice versa?

Ed's symptoms sure fit the fibromyalgia syndrome more than PD.

If anyone knows about *both* these disorders, please let me know what you
know.  Thanks.

Linda Breedlove (for Ed: 49/dx. 3 yrs) e-mail: