If your uncle served in the military he should be able to obtain totally free
drugs and medicine, both prescription  and non-prescription (aspirin, vitamins,
antihistamines, etc.)from the Veterans Administration  because he has a cronic
disease.  I do, and I served only 3 years in the Navy.  I heard about this last
winter and couldn't believe it - I thought you had to be retired from the
military.  There is an income qualification and I don't know what it is, but it
can't be too low.  Just call the nearest VA Hospital and make an appointment for
him.  The first appt. for me was just paperwork; I then went back a month later
for an evaluation by a neuro.  You have to bring a copy of his DD214 military
discharge paper and an evaluation from his neuro to the first appt.  The eval.
from the doctor should indicate the names and doses of all his meds. (including
vitamins, etc.), as well as  his condition with the statement that your uncle is
under his continuing care and all he wants out of the VA is the meds - no
treatment.  After the second appt., the one with the VA neuro (which took 15
minutes after waiting for 2 hours - they "lost" me and all the doctors started
for home, had to page one to come back)
they will give you the meds.  I was tired of waiting so I had them mail them to
me - 6 months supply, after which I have to go back.
(Kind of a depressing place, but a good reminder that there are vets in those
hospitals in bad shape who deserve better surroundings.)