> At this point I shared my own pro-life views and how they did not
> conflict with the use of fetal tissue to save lives.  I feel that the
> Research Freedom Act, which makes it a felony punishable by ten years
> in prison if fetal tissue is made available for profit or has any
> provisions that would designate who the beneficiary would be, is
> adequate. This legislation, I feel, protects the unborn and adequately
> addressed the concern that fetal tissue use would result in more
> abortions. I compared it to organ transplant use causing more murders.
> Not likely!
>

> Fetal tissue transplant doesn't contribute to abortions any more than
> organ transplant contributes to murder. Lets get on with our Parkinsons
> work and let the pro-life movement focus on the events that lead to
> abortion.

I see a small flaw in your argument that must be addressed.  The fact is
that there are rumors of an "organ market" in third world countries;
people are being coerced into donating organs for money, or indeed are
being killed.  We have had an example of a  woman conceiving in this country
for the purpose of providing a fetus for cell transplant (I believe that
I read the recipient had PD - the transplant was done in Europe).

I do not wish to bring this issue up for discussion, but so that you may
understand the continued objections of the pro-life movement.
-----
Regards
Mary Ann