> I was so desperate my neuro agreed to LASEX  (water pills)  but I was
> unfortable and afraid of cramping so I stopped them.   Besides,  with Liquid
> Sinemit (OJ)  I was already having trouble (when I was frozen) making it to
> the WC what would a water pill do for me.  I'd hav to carry a bag!!
>
> I try keeping my feet elevated,  eliminated as much salt as possible and eat
> a lot of asparagus and celery.  IT DOESNT MATTER!!!   I have trouble turning
> over in bed...too much weight...Chuck says I am wheezing when sleeping.  I
> know thats also a sign of too much weight.

Joyce, I'm concerned about your symptoms.  Have you told your doctors
that you are wheezing when you sleep?  Also, are you taking a potassium
supplement with the Lasix?

PD folks who take diuretics need to understand that depletion of
potassium can causes muscle fatigue which may contribute to increased
movement difficulties.

Edema accompanied by difficulty in breathing is a symptom that must be
reported to your doctor - this is a symptom that, as far as I know, is
unrelated to PD.

------
Regards
Mary Ann