Bob Adams--yes, the message got through, and although I have no helpful
personal experience to offer, I feel for you in that situation. MY first
reaction was to wonder what you know of your father's wishes--did he ever
express to you or others in family what HE would want in that case? If his
dementia prevents him now from doing so, that is an example of the importance
of a document that makes the patient's wishes clear, and appoints a "proxy"
for health care, while the patient is rational. How much easier your role would
be if you had this!
I hope others will respond, and my thoughts are with you. Please stay connected
 here.
Camilla Flintermann,CG for Peter,78/7in July,Oxford,OH