Hi,

    I've not been diagnosed yet with PD and what I am experiencing could
be something else.  However, I've used Phenothiazine drugs for 17 years
to help me sleep and reduce heightened sensitivity, and improve
concentration.  During this time I've occasionally used Cogentin or
Artane to reduce Parkinson-like side effects.  The Artane reduced the
stiffness and made movement/motion easier.
    Now two years after having stopped all medicines I still have
stiffness and movement is laborious, especially in my neck, shoulders,
upper arms, and mid-back.  I have frequent muscle spasms.
    A year ago I was diagnosed with fibro-myalgia but I think there is
more to this than that.
    I've read about something called dystonia which seems to fit my
symptoms.  Dystonia is also a side-effect of the Phenothiazine drugs
(dopamine inhibitors).  I also have tightenning of my vocal chords to the
point of where I can hardly speak or be heard by others.  This is one of
the key markers of Dystonia.  I have a lot of intermittent weakness,
fatigue and stiffness.

    I've been doing some yoga, walking as much as I can and stretching
but It seems that if I over exert pressure on my muscles, tendons, and
ligaments that I can't sleep effectively.

   I've read that this can get worse with aging.  If this is PD then
there is probably a course of treatment to prevent it from getting
worse.  However, this could be something new and slightly different than
PD since it is possibly an after-effect of long term drug induced PD.
Maybe?  or not.

Thanks,

John Hammond