I would like to know the same.

----------
From:   PARKINSN: Parkinson's Disease - Information Exchange Network on behalf
of Rajesh Malhotra
Sent:   Wednesday, 26 June 1996 23:32
To:     Multiple recipients of list PARKINSN
Subject:        INFO. ON PALLIDOTOMY

I recently became a member of this group and since then receiving lots of
information on PD through emails. I'm really impressed with this network
linking thousands of people, sharing the info. on PD and, thereby helping the
community.

I'm a software professional from India, working in Minneapolis, USA on H1B
visa. My father is suffering from PD from the last 15 years and living in
India. From the last 15 years he is taking L-dopa(Sinemet). According to Hoehn
and Yahr Stages of Parkinson's Disease, I would say, that he's in 3rd stage.

 I want to bring my father to USA and get him treated here.  From the
parkinson's Web I came to know that through PALLIDOTOMY patients are getting
treated and it has been going very successfully, in most of the cases. I've
the
following questions :

1.   What is the success rate of Pallidotomy?
       Is it safe ?
       Does it have sideeffects ?
       Which are the best medical hospitals/doctors to contact(their
addressess) ?
       HOW MUCH it costs, in total, to get Pallidotomy.
       Can my father have some kind of medical insurance here in USA ?
       How can I contact the old patients treated by Pallidotomy.

2.   Is there any other effective treatment besides Pallidotomy ?

I'll appreciate if somebody could answer these questions and throw some light
on these issues.

Thanks for your valuable time.

Rajesh Malhotra
Email : [log in to unmask]