To Deanna and others in Quebec

The Quebec health care system is undergoing changes.  This is not news if
you live there.   A  bulletin arrived in my mail today, and in it I found
an article about the new system. The basic information follows:-

There are 161 organizations known as 'Local Centres for Community
Services'  (Centre local de sevices communautaires or CLSC). They  are
responsible for the delivery of services such as personal care, nursing
care, health and social services for people of all ages. These are very
busy organizations and there may be waiting lists.

To locate the nearest CLSC  call the CLSC Federation at 1-800-361-4661 or
in Montreal  call 842-5141.

Taken from the Information Bulletin--June 1996 (V8 N4)
La Fondation canadienne du Parkinson
Division du Quebec
telephone: (514) 631-5600, 1-800-720-1307
fax: (514) 631-7352

Hope this helps

Anne Rutherford         <[log in to unmask]>
Newfoundland