PICKETT GUTHRIE - RESTLESS LEGS SYNDROME FOUNDATION. INC.

An antianxiety drug called BusPar (buspirone hydrochloride) was recently
mentioned in a RLS list as being effective for relieving symptoms of rls.  I
am trying it at 5 mg tid and getting good results after two months.  I also
have Parkinsons and so far have not noticed any lessening of the effects of
Sinemet (carbidopa/levadopa) on my PD symptoms due to BusPar.  Would you
kindly check with a neurologist on the RLS board as to BusPar/RLS/PD.

I would like to see an article in "Night Walkers" regarding treatment of RLS
in someone who also has PD.  The combination of these two diseases does not
seem unusual.

Barbara Yacos, RN