Nancy has her pallidotomy dates set for surgery at Henry Ford Hospital.

Dr. Peter Lewitt is at the Sinai Neuroscience Center, and referred Nancy to
Dr. Junn, formerly of Toronto.  Dr. Junn is the neurosurgeon who evaluated
Nancy for admission to this program just begun in June.

The testing will be an all-day evaluation which we understand will include
video-taping and various cognitive and physical exams to record a baseline
of information to which a similar evaluation following surgery can be compared.

Because we live 600+ miles from Detroit area, the testing and surgery are
set for Friday and the following Monday. Normally the testing is done one
week prior to surgery.  All surgery is being done on Mondays at HFH.

We understand that Sinai Hospital is also setting up to begin pallidotomies
and will be offering the surgery on Fridays.  That program should begin in
September or October.

Nancy is currently working as a United Methodist pastor of two congregations
and has arranged time off following the surgery.  Her hopes are to have
enough symptom relief to continue working until retirement at 65 or whenever.
  Where we                   Wayne & Rev. Nancy Sparks, pastor of
Scoop Snow     Michigan's Northernmost United Methodist Churches
    or                          Located in the Keweenaw Peninsula
 Swat Bugs               Bordered on three sides by Lake Superior