The topic for the Early Drama, Art, and Music sessions at the 1997
International Congress on Medieval Studies in Kalamazoo will be Guilds,
Technology, and Early Drama -- that is, essentially what is called "material
culture" in the current jargon. Specifically we are looking for papers that
deal with such matters as technological expertise as related to play
production, but other aspects of patronage, production, and trade may well be
appropriate. Proposals are invited, and should be sent to the following
address:

Clifford Davidson
Early Drama, Art, and Music
The Medieval Institute
Western Michigan University
Kalamazoo, MI 49008
FAX: 616-387-8750
email: [log in to unmask]

Phone inquiries are also welcome; the number is 616-387-8753, and be aware that
the answering machine cuts in after three rings. I will answer queries left on
the answering machine quickly, however, if a number is left for me to return
the call.

Thanks very much,
Cliff Davidson