From:   "Byron, Sara" <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Hello again
Date:   Mon, 1 Jul 1996 01:20:56 -0400

I'm a returning subscriber.  I signed off about a year ago due to job
demands and now the cycle has returned to PD being an uppermost thought.  My
dad has also taken a bad turn and is experiencing night time dementia.   The
doctor is proposing Clozaril, which I understand is an anti-psychotic that
does not interfere with the Sinemet.

We had to put dad in a nursing home for 3 weeks to get my Mom some respite,
and while I was hoping that it would be a wonderful experience, it was not.
 We went to Wood Glen Nursing Home in west Chicago, IL where there is a PD
ward - and we heard about it from the ADPA.

So..

1) Does anyone have any experiences with Clozaril? (I sent a search to John
C.)

2) Does anyone have any good stories about nursing homes in the Chicago
area?

Luckily I have 5 siblings and we are all spreading out our summer vacations
to help Mom out, but this can't last.

Sara Byron
daughter of Richard Byron, 79 years old
PD since 1969 (that was young onset)