Marge -THis is my first draft.  Feel free to take a heavy hand to it.   I
didn't know if you want to give your name out.  THere are several places
whereI think it should be mentioned.  However I don't think you should give
your address because it might result in us duplicating orders.  It's up to
you.  Also,  I spoke to Michael.  he was remarkably encouraging about the
cards and he even said "My hats off to You"  Does that translate to $$$$?
 I'm not sure.   I told him how cautious we were being  but the printing and
postage were not flexible.  I also mentioned we were saving by you doing the
labels at $70 instead of $700 and that we were saving another $250 by me
picking them up.  (I then stuck in that I didn't  mind driving the 4 hours to
get the cards.   He took all the info and said he'll talk to Joan.  which I'm
sure he'll do.  I'll let you know as soon as I hear anything.

The Udall postcards are going like wildfire.  If you haven't emailed me your
snail  do it now and I will mail you the cards. If you need more let me know
.  I will be getting a shipment of 50,000 more cards tomorrow!  IF we can get
all the Udall cards delivered onto every desk on capitol hill , that will be
a wopping 74,000 requests for co-sponsorship!
 It's definitely not  too late.
Now is the time we must reinforce our efforts more than ever.

 If you have already written a letter and also called, that's good, but no
cigar.  You should also send a postcard.  The postcards will be EXPLOSIVELY
effective in mass.
OUR GOAL-1 post card from everyone in the United States to the 5 congressmen
below:
from every Parkinson's patient, every caregiver, every husband, every wife,
every brother or sister, every significant other, every child and grandchild
(why not?), every doctor you see, every receptionist or nurse or pharmacist,
every other person you see who can sign their name.
It doesn't matter where you live or who your representative is. If you don't
know who your representative is this is perfect for you.   These 5 are the
ones we need for the Udall bill to continue moving.
Send me your mailing address and I will send you the post cards.  I will even
send you labels for these "5 biggies"  You just  write your name and return
address and stick a 20 cent stamp on it.  The message is already printed on
it on 1 side and the picture of Morris Udall - Senator from Arizona for 27
years and now afflicted with PD - is on the other.   I will also enclose the
names and address of other Congress people who have not yet signed.  It
doesn't get much easier.

Thank you to all those who have been able to return the postage for your
postcard package.  Some of you have even been gracious enough to add
something extra.  If you are financially able to help with this postcard
campaign it would make it alot easier.  So far I have been taking the postage
out of my grocery money.  The first 24,000 postcards were donated by a
generous printer on Long Island, NY, however the current 50,000 we are paying
for out of our own pocket.  If you are in contact with a group that can help
cover any additional monies besides the postage it will help drefay the
approx. $2,400 cost.  If not please don't let that keep you from getting and
mailing out the cards.  That's really all that matters.

email me at     [log in to unmask]       or phone/fax  908-257-8074

The Honorable Michael Bilirakis, Commerce Committee
2240  Rayburn House Office Bldg.
Washington, DC 20515

The  Honorable Thomas Bliley, Chairman, Commerce Committee
2241 Rayburn House Office BLdg.
Washington, DC 20515

The Honorable Newt Gingrich, Speaker of the House
2428 Rayburn House Office Bldg
Washington, DC 20515

The Honorable Nancy Kassebaum, Chairman of the Human Resources Committee
Senate Russell Office Bldg 302
Washington,DC 20510

THe Honorable Trent Lott, Majority Leader
Senate Russell Office Bldg. 487
Washington, DC 20510