Hi.  I'm a new subscriber.  I live in the Detroit area.  My father was
dxed with PD about ten years ago.  He lives in Arkansas.  I'm subscribing
to try to get myself a little more educated on what's happening to him.
He has gone downhill measurably in the past eighteen months.  Now, the
doctors are saying he is suffering from "sundown dementia" which involves
him acting irrationally at night time (especially when he should be
sleeping).  Is this a result of the medication he's on or is it just
another stage of the disease?

Also, I read somewhere that there is a theory that PD may be associated
in some patients with a personality characteristic of not being able to
express emotions.  That fits my Dad perfectly, but is there any truth to
this?  Don't guess it matters a great deal at this point, but I'm just
curious.

Guess right now what I need most is just some contact with members of
other families that are going through the same thing.  Thanks for reading
this and for caring.

Mark Frost