Re Welcome from Barbara Patterson - Thank you for the personal touch.  Just
a note about myself as you suggested - I live just outside Brandon, Manitoba,
Canada, and am a self-employed bookkeeper and boarding kennel operator.  My
mother, who is 78, has just been diagnosed with PD, based on the fact that
she told her doctor that she is getting really bad on her feet, and that her
hands are shaky.  Her hands have been shaky for many years - she is on many
medications - antidepressants, high blood pressure, cholesterol, and on and
on.  She also mixes alcohol with these medications, although this isn't talked
about.  She does not get out much, is not interested in anything except
sleeping, and so it is no wonder to me that she is not good on her feet anymore.
Sorry if I sound like I'm spouting off, but I'm very frustrated with this, and
the fact that the doctor gave her medication for PD based on the above as I
have mentioned.  I don't know what medication he gave her, but I was not
familiar
with PD at all, and that is why I subscribed to this list.  Any ideas from
anyone else - someone suggested today that she see a neurologist.  I've told
her I think she should get a second opinion.  Thanks for listening.

Dorothy Raynor
Dorothy Raynor