I just called everyone on the Senate Labor and Huiman Resources committee.  I
used the free 1-800-962-3524 number and it took less than 1 hour total for 15
calls.  Some offices asked for my name and address, most  didn't.   All said
they were keeping a tally of the nature of each call they get.  Some, like
Sen. Edward Kennedy actually welcomed people outside  of his state to call,
saying  he is interested in all opinions  from the public.
If the Senator was not a co-sponsor, I asked for his support on the vote.  If
the Senator was already a sponsor, I asked if he would be willing  to offer
us any additional support such as making a few quick calls to colleagues or
sending out a quick "Dear Colleague" letter.   Some kept a separate log of
out of state calls.
Wherever you live,  committee members votes effect ALL people  and we should
call them and let them know that.