Jo Ann said

>Hi everybody!
>
>Just wondering whether anybody has any hands-on information about this
>drug "Clonazepam?"
>
>My father who has PD (2 years) was prescribed this and the pharmacist
>said that it was used to treat seizures, which we don't really understand
>what has to do with him.  He doesn't have seizures, just a tremor in one
>hand.

Jo Ann:

I have been using Clonazepam (in the form of Klonopin) for years now.  I
started using it for a condition called Restless Legs Syndrome (RLS) long
before I learned I had PD.  For reasons unknown, it tends to relieve the
symptoms of RLS. My neuro said that I should continue using it for RLS until
I start sinemet.

I understand that it is a mild anti-anxiety drug and anticonvulsant.  It
might have some muscle relaxant effects that could help with cramping which
often occurs with PD.  If it weren't for the RLS, I wouldn't be taking it.

                 Ron Reiner ([log in to unmask]) 48 + 1 yr